Friday, September 21, 2012

Christ is my compass


Back in July I spent a week at the Most Blessed Sacrament Friary with youth who participated in Catholic Heart Work Camp. We were giving our time to help the brothers in any way we could. It's an experience I'll never forget.

The friary was an amazing place and it took my breath away when I walked through the gates.  The presence of God was overwhelming and as the brothers greeted us, I could see God through their eyes and here Him through their words. I had no idea where I'd be placed to give my time and I had to leave it in God's hands.  I kept telling myself he'll put me where I need to be and he did just that.

The courtyard

The friary was very large and I found myself getting turned around each time I came in from gardening.  With the courtyard being in the middle I thought this would be a good point to find my fellow workers, but it wasn't.

My Amazing Lord

When we first entered the friary, there was the most beautiful Crucifix at the end of the hall that would take your breath away. I decided this Crucifix was going to be my compass for I knew Christ would lead me in the direction I needed to go. 

Day after day I would enter the friary from gardening to see one of the youth, gather more tools or speak to another group leader and I'd get turned around. I constantly found myself saying, "If I just find Christ, I'll know which way to go" and when I found that Crucifix and centered myself in front of Christ, I knew exactly which way to go.

I got so use to saying this at the friary, I find it's my new mantra. I continue to say those words when I feel lost, a little down, trying to make a decision or when I feel I have no one else to talk to.  Those words came so freely it didn't dawn on me until after I arrived home that's exactly how I need to live my life.  So each day, I make it a point to find Christ, spend some time with him, and after our little talks, I know exactly which way to go and what I need to do.




Barbie


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...