Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the true meaning of Christmas

Today was wrapping day.  This is the first year I spent less than 45 minutes wrapping presents for my boys.  It really felt good.

So many of us forget the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate.  We all know each year there is more and more pressure put on us to buy, buy, buy.  I have found it is more enjoyable to give one or two gifts, gifts that will truly be appreciated.  Now that my boys are getting older, it's a little easier to do just that and I know they will truly appreciate the few and they'll have no qualms about not getting many.

Jesus received three gifs; Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh

Tonight, when we watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas," Linus once again sets the record straight for millions of viewers what the true meaning of Christmas is.  You are a wise little boy, I just wish people would remember your wise words every day, especially, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace and good will toward men."

Merry Christmas to all ~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...