Friday, November 11, 2011

A Head Game

Growing up, my choice of games were Clue, Monopoly, Twister and Parcheesi.  We all know how those games were played.  Life was simple.  These games were easy to play and it didn't take long to win and it wasn't unusual to play the best two out of three. 

Some of my favorite television shows were My Favorite Martian, Lost In Space, The Jetsons and Star Trek.  It was always interesting to see what life would be like on another planet.  It was cool how they could beam someone up to another time and place, drive around in strange looking space vehicles or have antenna's coming out of the top of ones head.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think my children would look like two futuristic beings from another planet when they sat down to play a game.  The games are not simple and it takes hours to win one game.  

Times have changed.

Xbox addicts


When I was young, the only earthlings I saw, wearing futuristic headgear were Bell Telephone Operators or Lilly Tomlin, who portrayed Ernestine on Rowan and Martin's Laugh In television show.

Ernestine

Bell Telephone Operator

With 3D television, that is making it's way into many homes, you have to wear special eye wear, I can only imagine what my grandchildren will have to wear to play games, watch TV, or listen to music in the year 2028. I'm not quite sure if I'll be ready for it, or understand it.  To date, I still haven't wrapped my head around it!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...