Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pa-Jean-mas

FINALLY ....... an alternative to pajama pants!

I saw these pajama jeans advertised on television today and I think these are the next best thing to sliced bread.  In my idyllic world, this is the solution for every women who makes pajama pants part of their daily ensemble.

I am so tired of seeing young girls and grown women strolling around in flannel pajama pants.  Yellow ducks, multicolored umbrella's and pictures of Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick do not coordinate with a multi colored or patterned top.

I realize we live in a very casual, relaxed world, however, where did a women's pride go.  No, we can't always look like we've just stepped out of Macy's, Ann Taylor or Talbots.  I'd settle for women to look like they just came from LL Bean or Lands End.

When my boys were in grade school, I'd sit in the parking lot, waiting for them to be dismissed.  Women, young and old, would walk past my car, in their flannel pajama pants, looking like they just crawled out of bed.  Obviously they had no where to go during the day.  No appointments, where they had to meet with a doctor or dentist.  No grocery shopping to tend do, no letters or packages to take to the post office or no luncheon date.  I have a feeling it really didn't matter to these women, these pajama pants defined who they were and they just didn't care.  If they did have errands to run, they would have worn them out with no care in the world.

I'm a stay at home mom, have been for 14 years, and know how to dress when I leaves the house, my mother and father taught me to look presentable, at all times.  Even when I'm home, I still dress nicely, you never know who's going to ring my doorbell.  Growing up I had church clothes, school clothes and play clothes. I was taught, at age 13, how to dress for a funeral and how one should dress when you go out to a restaurant.  I am passing on the same values to my boys.

I honestly don't know if I should condemn the creator of the blue jean or the creator of leisure suits that helped bring on this casual, relaxed society or society itself.  Pajama pants are great for lounging around the house (my boys love them), they were intended for sleepovers with friends or as a daily ensemble when you come home from the hospital after major surgery.  Just like stretch legging, especially when they are advertised, one size fits all........ they also should not be worn in public!

There is a time and place for everything, especially pajama pants.  Maybe if people took a little more pride in their appearance, on a daily basis, they'd be taken more seriously when they spoke to others, their confidence level would rise, they would smile more, possibly comb there hair and have a brighter outlook on life.

Pajama pants should be part of your nighttime wardrobe, just like a bathrobe, a negligee or your favorite bunny slippers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! You hit the nail on the head!

Kirsta said...

Oh I can't begin to tell you how much seeing people in public in PJ's bothers me! I have a family member who came to Thanksgiving dinner in yellow PJ pants. I was not amused. I hate that "comfort" has overtaken "class". I will MAYBE go down to the gas station at 12am to get a soda in yoga pants. Come to think of it I only did that when I was pregnant. I might not be able to do my hair just right or my makeup every day but you can bed I will at least be dressed if I have to leave the house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...