Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Room with a View

My home office overlooks our backyard, I refer to this room as my little world of magic.  Each time I sit at my desk to compose a new post, pay bills, create a page for my scrapbook or download photos on my Mac, magic things happen.  This room gives me a warm, fuzzy felling upon entering it and has all the comforts I enjoy. I can bury myself in this room for hours at a time, especially when I'm scrapbooking. It's not so much the items I have in it, but the feeling it gives me and what I take away once I've completed my tasks or projects.


I find the view most enjoyable, regardless of my mood.  It is, a world I can escape to when the boys are hounding me, having a down day, needing to get warm, when it's time to reorganize my thoughts or when I just need a good fix of alone time.  My family knows when I'm in my room, I'm not to be disturbed.


With all the changes in my life, day in and day out, my little world of magic is a constant I can depend on to get me though all of life's ups and downs. I hope you have a special place you can retreat to, and if you don't, I say it's time to find a little cubbyhole that makes you feel special when you're all alone and need to reorganize yourself and your thoughts.






Barbie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all need this, and you wrote it so beautifully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...