Friday, January 13, 2012

Today at 60

Happy 60th Birthday

I have been watching The Today Show since I was a little girl.  Each morning when I woke, my father would be watching this news show while he had his breakfast.  The Today Show was part of my father's daily routine.  He continued to watch this broadcast until the day he died.

I had a conversation with my mother the other day stating I can't bring myself to watch any other morning news show. (I find it's like being raised on Hellman's Mayonnaise, any other sandwich spread just doesn't cut the mustard) I enjoy how the show is produced, the stories that are told, the compassion that is shown and the anchors who broadcast the news.

It's a tradition that is being passed on to my children.  They leave for school around 7:40, so they too are able to watch and listen to 40 minutes of The Today Show, in the dark of the morning, before they leave the house.

When we're in New York we always stop by The Today Show studio to peek in the windows and wave at the cameras.  In 2009 I took my daughter-in-law to The Today Show Concert Series to see the group Train.

The Today Show is a constant in my life and always will be.

Meredith Vieira & Matt Lauer
Pat Monahan -lead singer - Train
Matt, Meredith and Al Roker 
Matt and Al with his Gnome

3 comments:

Brenda said...

What fun! It's amazing how favorite shows from our parents bring back memories and feel a part of our life!
My Mom loved to watch the Price is Right with Bob Barker. I don't ever watch it--it's not the same with out Bob Barker.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting!

Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbie said...

Brenda,
You came a knocking on my door and I thank you for visiting. I knocked on your door a few days ago and you don't have to thank me for dropping in, I know you are appreciative, just like I am.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...