Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daydream Believer

Medically speaking, things haven't been too promising for my family the past few years.

     We dealt with my fathers metastatic bone cancer from December 2009 to November 2010. In May, he took a bad fall and broke his left leg - tibia and fibula - putting him in a brace and then a cast the last 6 months of his life.  In the spring of 2010, my husband had surgery on his left knee and was laid up for 3 months.
     Nine months later, on January 10, 2011, my husband had surgery on his right knee and was once again laid up for 3 months. Seventeen days later, my son Michael, was taken to the ER and received 16 stitches because he split his chin open during basketball practice.
     In June, my stepson literally got his foot caught between a rock and a hard place in our stone quarry, breaking his ankle, putting him in a cast and on crutches for 8 weeks.
     Then, on October 21, hip surgery for me, arriving home with crutches for 6 weeks.  After 3 days of being home, my son, Patrick broke his wrist in gym class playing rugby.  He had a cast for 6 weeks on his left arm.
     Finally, on January 7, 2012 my son, Michael, was participating in a clinic with the boys modified basketball team and fell, breaking his tibia in his left leg.

I'm beginning to think we're related to the Kennedy family.  People say, God never gives you more than you can handle, conflict builds character, along with, things happen for a reason.  I just haven't figured out the reason for any of these misfortunes.

Each year we say, "Thank goodness it's a new year. This one has to be better, I have to believe it." I'm beginning to wonder.

I enjoy reflecting on past years, remembering all the good times, but I can't go there right now.  I can only sit and dream of what could be or what might have been.

So, I sit and daydream and believe sometime soon my dreams will turn to reality.



Barbie

1 comment:

Gail said...

Barb, we do often wonder why things happen in our journey of life. It's a new year and stay positive...
Prayers being sent your way for Micheal's speedy recovery and back to the fast lane...
Hugs to you and your family!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...