Friday, November 18, 2011

A Doe-licious Gift Bag

I couldn't take it any longer.  

I told my husband I needed to get upstairs and do some crafting.  He wasn't really happy about me going upstairs on my crutches, but I assured him I'd be careful and take it slow.  Once I was up there he need not worry, I wasn't going anywhere !!

I am invited to a 'cookie swap luncheon' this coming weekend.  A dear friend of mine (I'll refer to her as Miss M~) has a very intimate luncheon with no more than 10 girls at her Adirondack camp.  There are girls she graduated with, a few family members and a few friends.  It's a lovely afternoon.  She is the ultimate hostess, an excellent cook and has incredible taste for good wine.

Because I am unable to stand in the kitchen and bake 4 dozen cookies, I decided to do something different for the girls.  I didn't want to show up empty handed, therefore, I thought a bit of Lindt Chocolate would be a perfect surprise, to top off a perfect luncheon.

I now needed a package to put the small chocolate desserts in.  Seeing Miss M~ loves her campy life and her husband is a hunter, I wanted to go with a nature scene featuring a doe and her fawns.  All papers were to be browns, greens and rust colors in keeping with the theme of the Adirondacks.


My Cricut Machine will cut just about any shape, as long as you have the cartridge you need.  Once my paper gift bags, along with the doe and fawns, were cut from the machine, my tags stamped, accent papers cut and trimmed, I was ready to start mass production.    


This may look very cluttered and confusing to those who do not scrapbook or make homemade cards, but I was in hog heaven amongst all my wonderful papers, tags, flowers, ribbon, stamps and punches.  


In all, 10 gift bags were made.  Each houses 3 Lindor Truffles, 2 Chocolate Mousse Petits Desserts and 1 Fioretto Cappuccio Chocolates. The doe and her two fawns grace the front while a cloth flower sits quietly on the back.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Adorable! What FUN creations!
Have a wonderful weekend! :)
Love, Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...